National Institutes of Health
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
Bethesda, Maryland, 20892 USA
The Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences seeks applicants for a postdoctoral position in the Center for Infectious Disease Imaging (CIDI). The CIDI is a new partnership between the NIH Clinical Center’s Radiology Department and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) to innovate new research and clinical methods for infectious disease patient care. This position entails researching and developing novel software and quantitative algorithms for analyzing infectious disease on medical images, including CT, MRI, SPECT, PET and Ultrasound. Candidates filling this position will have gain experience in (i) image analysis, (ii) disease quantification, and (iii) systems biology (ie data fusion between images and clinical information), by joining a multidisciplinary team of computer scientists, engineers, clinical physicians, radiologists, and radiologic physicists to publish new research with the lab’s principal investigator and CIDI Deputy Director. The candidate filling this position will also work extensively with the NIH’s Clinical Image Processing Service (CIPS).
Education Required: Possession of a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Biomedical Imaging or a related field. Foreign educated candidates who have completed part or all of their education outside of the United States must have their foreign education evaluated by an SAIC-approved accrediting organization to assure that it has met the equivalency of the qualifications of degree work in the United States.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Biomedical Imaging, and/or Engineering
• Experience with one or more of imaging modalities (CT, MRI, SPECT, PET, and Ultrasound).
• Experience with software development and engineering in 3D medical imaging.
• Proficiency in C/C++, Unix/Linux, Windows, batch HPC environments, and scripting.
• Experience with cross-platform software build and development.
• Experience working in a team-oriented environment and excellent communication skills.
• This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
• Previous software development experience in 3D image analysis is highly desirable.
• Experience in experimental statistics modeling.
• Experience in developing algorithms for image segmentation.
• Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source imaging analysis software and libraries.
Key Words for Resume Search: 3D medical imaging, image segmentation, software development, radiology image analysis, statistical analysis, computer science, and biomedical engineering.
Please send your application to
Daniel J. Mollura, MD
Deputy Director, Center for Infectious Disease Imaging
Staff Clinician and Radiologist Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences National Institutes of Health
10 Center Drive, Building 10, 1C349, (mailstop 1182)
Bethesda, MD 20892-1182